1-11. LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR COMPONENTS
a. Major External Components Common to All Vehicle Variants.
Figure 1-5. Common Vehicle Components Location
(1) CAB. The cab provides the crew with protection from the weather and contains the
controls, gages, and indicators needed to operate the vehicle.
accommodates three fully-equipped personnel if no radio is installed, and two fully-
equipped personnel if a radio is installed. The cab can be raised and lowered from
the hydraulic manifold located on the passenger side of the vehicle.
(2) FRONT DRIVING AXLE. Supports the weight of the vehicle and transmits power to
drive the front wheels.
(3) FRONT TOW EYES/SHACKLES. Provides attachment points for towing.
(4) FRONT GLADHANDS.
Allows connection of brake air supply between vehicles
during towing operations.
(5) FRONT ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR. A connector that receives 12 vdc power from
a towing vehicle through an intervehicular cable.
(6) WINDSHIELD WASHER RESERVOIR. A three quart (3 L) reservoir that stores fluid
used to clean the windshield.