1-11. LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR COMPONENTS
b. Major External Components Common to M1078 and M1081 Cargo Vehicles.
Figure 1-6. M1078 and M1081 Cargo Vehicles Components Location
(1) CARGO BED SIDES. Aluminum panels used to keep cargo from falling out of cargo
bed. They may be raised or lowered, or removed and stowed under the cargo bed.
(2) CARGO BED SIDE STOWAGE COMPARTMENTS. Two compartments used to
stow cargo bed sides when removed.
(3) LIFT BEAM ASSEMBLIES. Two extendable beams that act as sling spreaders,
when deployed, to prevent damage to cargo bed sides during external air transport.
(4) CARGO BED TIE DOWNS. Anchor points for securing cargo.
(5) ACCESS LADDER. Used to assist personnel when climbing into or out of cargo bed.
The access ladder is stored underneath the cargo bed when not in use.