2-64. VEHICLE OPERATION IN COLD ENVIRONMENT, 32°F TO
-25°F (0°C TO -32°C) (CONT)
(1) Notify Unit Maintenance to install cold weather radiator cover.
(2) Install tire chains, as required (para 2-63).
(3) Start engine (para 2-21a or b).
b. CTIS Cold Weather Operation.
When temperatures are below -15F (-26C), CTIS air leaks may occur when
the vehicle is started. This is indicated by four or five flashing mode lights
on the CTIS ECU. When CTIS seals warm up and air leakage stops, the
CTIS ECU should automatically reset and the CTIS ECU selected mode light
will light steady. When four or five mode lights are flashing perform step (1).
(1) Drive vehicle for approximately 15-30 minutes or until CTIS ECU (1) resets.
If CTIS ECU does not reset, perform steps (2) through (5). If CTIS ECU does
not reset after performing steps (2) through (4), notify Unit Maintenance.
(2) Position master power switch (2) to off.
(3) Position master power switch (2) to on.
(4) Depress cross-country mode (XC) (3) on CTIS ECU (1).