3-8. OPENING BATTERY BOX/TESTING BATTERIES (CONT)
If red light illuminates before inserting battery tester all the way in fill hole, battery
may be overfilled.
Red light may flash intermittently as battery tester is inserted in fill hole.
With battery tester inserted fully into the fill hole adjacent to the negative battery
posts of the outside batteries, the red light may illuminate briefly then go out, if
the electrolyte is at proper level.
With battery tester inserted fully in fill hole, red light will illuminate if electrolyte
is at its proper level.
If red light does not illuminate, or if cell is overfilled, notify Unit Maintenance that
battery requires servicing.
(6) Place battery tester (1) in fill hole (7).
(7) Check battery tester (1) for red light.
(8) Remove battery tester (1) from fill hole
(9) Install battery fill caps (5) on battery
(10) Wipe tip of battery tester (1) clean of
any fluid with wiping rag.
(11) Install battery tester (1) in clamp (2) on
battery tray (3).