Perform Engine Troubleshooting
(a11. Engine Starts But Misfires,
Runs Rough, or Lacks Power)
before performing fuel injector
FUEL INJECTOR TEST
Use extreme care when opening
cab door with cab raised. Failure
to comply may cause injury to
personnel or damage to equipment.
Actuating the control shaft lever
places the injector in the Fuel On
position for a few seconds. This
causes excess fuel to be injected
into that particular cylinder,
causing a loud combustion knock.
(1) Remove cylinder head (para 3-6).
(2) Check cylinder head, cylinder walls, and head
gasket surface of cylinder block for cracks.
(3) Install cylinder head/head gasket (para 3-6).
(2) Open cab door.
(3) Start engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(1) Remove valve cover (TM 9-2320-365-20-2).
(4) Actuate No. 1 cylinder control shaft lever.
(5) If actuating fuel injector does not result in a
loud combustion knock, fuel injector is faulty.
(6) Repeat step (5) for remaining injectors.
(7) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(8) Close cab door.
(9) Install valve cover (TM 9-2320-365-20-2).
(10) Lower cab (TM 9-2320-365-10).