Change 1 2-127
SCAVENGE PUMP SUCTION TEST
Shut down engine immediately when test is
completed. Failure to comply may result in
damage to equipment.
(1) Place end of hose in a cup containing
approximately one pint of oil.
(2) Start engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(3) Select neutral on WTEC II TEPSS
(TM 9-2320-365-10) and note if oil is
immediately sucked into hose by scavenge
(4) If oil is not immediately removed from cup,
replace scavenge pump assembly
(5) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(6) Connect scavenge pump suction hose to
(7) Remove drain pan.
(1) Place drain pan under transfer case.
(2) Disconnect scavenge pump suction hose at
(3) Connect batteries (TM 9-2320-365-20-3).
(4) Start engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(5) If oil drips or runs from fitting on transfer
case, replace scavenge pump assembly
(6) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).