Change 1 2-419
Use care when testing electrical connectors.
Do not damage connector pins or sockets
with multimeter probes. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Inspect connector pins/sockets for damage,
corrosion, and serviceability. Check that
connector pins are not pushed back and
are capable of making good contact.
(1) Set multimeter to ohms.
(2) Connect positive (+) probe of multimeter
to H solenoid connector pin A.
(3) Connect negative (-) probe of multimeter
to H solenoid connector pin B and note
reading on multimeter.
(4) If resistance is less than 2.5 ohms or
greater than 5.0 ohms, replace
H solenoid (para 8-2).
(5) If resistance is between 2.5-5.0 ohms,
replace WTEC II TEPSS (TM 9-2320-365-
(6) Connect transfer case wiring harness
connector H to H solenoid connector.
(7) Install valve body cover on transfer case
(8) Connect external wiring harness transfer
case connector to transfer case wiring
harness external connector.
(9) Connect batteries (TM 9-2320-365-20-3).