21-3. FRONT SUPPORT/CHARGING PUMP MODULE REPAIR (CONT)
Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for Type I Dry
Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F (50°C). Failure to comply may result
in injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If dry cleaning solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If dry cleaning solvent
contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection
or size measurement requirements.
(2) Inspect gear (1) for broken teeth, pitting, and worn drive
(3) Inspect wear plate (2) for scoring, nicks, and grooving.
(4) Inspect pump housing (3) for scoring, nicks, and
(5) Measure gear (1) end clearance to wear plate (2),
maximum wear 0.005 in. (0.127 mm).