21-13. C3/C4 CLUTCH MODULE REPAIR (CONT)
(11) Inspect C4 clutch housing (11) for scratches, nicks, and
(12) Inspect C3 backing plate (12) for scratches, nicks, and
(13) Lay a straight edge on seating surfaces of C3 backing
plate (12) and verify flatness within 0.005 in. (0.127 mm).
(14) Inspect ring gear (13) for cracks, scoring, nicks, and
(1) Install clutch piston (1) and spring retainer (2) in C4
clutch housing (3).
(2) Install four return springs (4) on return plate (5).
Alternately stack five C4 friction plates and
five C4 clutch reaction plates for assembly.
(3) Install return plate (5), five C4 friction plates (6), and C4
clutch reaction plates (7) in C4 clutch housing (3).