23-2. FRONT AXLE DIFFERENTIAL CARRIER REPAIR (CONT)
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds
can burn easily, can give off harmful vapors,
and are harmful to skin and clothing. Keep
away from open fire and use in a well-
If adhesive, solvent, or
sealing compound gets on skin or clothing,
wash immediately with soap and water.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
(17) Apply four or five drops of adhesive sealant in four
threaded holes on two differential bearing caps (22).
(18) Position two differential bearing caps (22) on differential
carrier housing (17) with four screws (23) and washers
Perform step (19) only if a new pinion drive
and ring gear set is being installed.
(19) Record pinion cone variation number located on gear
end of pinion drive (25).
(20) Install inner bearing cone (26) and two bearing spacers
(27) on pinion drive (25).
(21) Install inner bearing cup (28) in bearing cage (29).
(22) Install outer bearing cup (30) and outer bearing cone
(31) in bearing cage (29).