Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for Type I Dry
Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F (50°C). Failure to comply may result
in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately
flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention. Failure to comply may result in injury
(1) Clean sealant residue from threaded holes with dry
(2) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
Compressed air for cleaning purposes will
not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only with
protective equipment (goggles/shield, gloves,
etc.). Failure to comply may result in injury
(3) Dry metal parts except bearing cones (1) with
compressed air. Allow bearing cones to air dry.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection.
(4) Inspect input yoke (2) for visible cracks, wear, or
(6) Inspect four bearing cones (1) for visible cracks, wear, or
(7) Inspect four bearing cups (3) for visible cracks, wear, or
(8) Inspect bearing cage (4) for visible cracks, wear, or