Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves; use only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do
not breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the
flashpoint for Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F (50°C).
Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If dry cleaning solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If dry
cleaning solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical
attention. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect four lifter roller followers (1) for worn, broken, or
(3) Inspect two injector roller followers (2) for worn, broken,
or missing parts.
(4) Inspect shaft (3) for cracks, corrosion, or wear.
(5) Inspect side covers (4) for cracks, corrosion, or damage.
(1) Install two lifter roller followers (1) and injector roller
follower (2) on shaft (3).
(2) Install two lifter roller followers (1) and injector roller
follower (2) on other side of shaft (3).
(3) Position shaft (3) on side cover (4) with two sleeves (5)
and four screws (6).
(4) Tighten four screws (6) to 72-144 lb-in (8-16 N·m).
(5) Perform steps (1) through (4) on two remaining side