5-3. ENGINE FAN CLUTCH REPAIR (P/N 1090-08000-01) (CONT)
Replace fan clutch if any part in steps (3)
through (10) fail inspection.
(3) Inspect clutch housing studs (2) for damage or
(4) Sand surface A on shaft mount (3).
(5) Inspect surface A of shaft mount (3) for any signs of
scoring, knicks, cracking, or wear.
(6) Sand surface B of shaft mount (3) to remove any
(7) Inspect surface B of shaft mount (3) for any signs of
scoring, burning, or cracking.
(8) Inspect shaft (4) for pitting, corrosion, and signs of
(9) Inspect piston bearing (5) for free spinning or rough
(10) Inspect front spring cap (6) for wear which indicates