6-3. STARTING MOTOR REPAIR (P/N M0017730MD) (CONT)
Replace brush housing frame if continuity is
not present between pin A and B of
(8) Check continuity between pin A and pin B of thermostat
switch connector (10).
Replace brush housing if brush holder or
brush springs fail visual inspection.
(9) Check brush holder (11) for cracks, pitting, or corrosion.
(10) Check brush springs (12) for cracks, nicks, breaks, or
Replace brush housing if continuity is present
between brush housing terminal and brush
(11) Check continuity between brush housing terminal (13)
and brush housing frame (14).
Replace starting motor if shift housing, lever,
cams, or pin fail visual inspection.
(12) Inspect shift housing (15) for cracks, pitting, or corrosion.
(13) Inspect lever (16) for cracks, pitting, or corrosion.
(14) Inspect two cams (17) and pin (18) for cracks, pitting, or