6-6. STARTING MOTOR REPAIR (P/N M0017703ME) (CONT)
Replace starting motor solenoid if continuity
is present between starting motor solenoid
positive terminal and starting motor solenoid
(7) Check for continuity between starting motor solenoid
positive terminal (5) and starting motor solenoid ground
(8) Inspect nose housing (7) for cracks, pitting, or corrosion.
(9) Inspect drive (8) for broken, chipped, or worn teeth.
Replace brush plate if brush springs fail
(10) Check brush springs (9) for cracks, nicks, breaks, or
Replace all four brushes if any brush
measures less than 0.625 in. (15.875 mm).
(11) Measure four brushes (10) for serviceability.