6-6. STARTING MOTOR REPAIR (P/N M0017703ME) (CONT)
(43) Install boot (52) on link spool (53).
Use care not to damage link spool during
installation. Failure to comply may result in
damage to equipment.
(44) Wrap three layers of abrasive cloth around plunger (54).
(45) Position boot (52) and link spool (53) in plunger (54).
(46) Hold plunger (54) in a fixed position.
(47) Tighten link spool (53) to 27-33 lb-in. (3-4 N·m).
Hold the shift housing end up for installation
(48) Position starting motor solenoid (55) in shift housing (33).
(49) Rotate starting motor solenoid (55) so mounting bracket
is facing down.
compounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area.
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
immediately with soap and water. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(50) Apply sealing compound to threads of two screws (56).
Steps (51) and (52) require the aid of an
(51) Position two screws (56) in starting motor solenoid (55).
(52) Tighten two screws (56) to 20-24 lb-ft (27-32 N·m).