7-3. TRANSMISSION UNPACKING/PACKING (CONT)
(5) Remove five bolts (9) from adapter housing module
Transmission lifting bracket is installed with
lift eye top-dead-center facing forward.
(6) Position transmission lifting bracket on adapter housing
module (10) with five bolts (9).
(7) Remove eight screws (11), lockwashers (12), and nuts
(13) from two rear mounting brackets (14). Discard
(8) Remove six screws (15), lockwashers (16), and nuts
(17) from three front mounting brackets (18). Discard
Transmission weighs approximately
1300 lbs (590 kgs). Attach a suitable
lifting device prior to removal. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel
or damage to equipment.
(9) Lift transmission (19) and place on pallet.