7-5. TRANSMISSION TO MAINTENANCE STAND
This task covers:
Transmission assembly removed (para 7-4).
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 68, Appendix B)
Stand, Differential Carrier, Repair (TM 9-2320-
Transmission Lift/Mounting Bracket Assembly
(Item 20, Appendix D)
Bolt, Machine (4) (Item 16, Appendix C)
Nut, Self-locking (4) (Item 52, Appendix C)
Transmission weighs approximately
1300 lbs (590 kgs). Attach a suitable
lifting device prior to lifting. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel
or damage to equipment.
(1) Install transmission stand bracket (1) on transmission
(2) with four bolts (3) and self-locking nuts (4).
Step (2) requires the aid of an assistant.
(2) Install transmission (2) on maintenance stand with four
bolts (5) and nuts (6).
Step (1) requires the aid of an assistant.
(1) Remove four nuts (6), bolts (5), and transmission (2)
from maintenance stand.
(2) Remove four self-locking nuts (4), bolts (3), and
transmission stand bracket (1) from transmission (2).
Discard self-locking nuts.
End of Task.