(12) Remove retaining pin (34), stop (35), spring (36), and
control main valve (37) from main valve body (2).
(13) Remove two bolts (38) and turbine speed sensor (39)
from main valve body (2).
Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves; use only in well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and
do not breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using
solvent; the flashpoint for Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II
is 130°F (50°C). Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If dry cleaning solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If
dry cleaning solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get
immediate medical attention. Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
Replace any part that fails to pass visual
inspection or size measurement
(2) Inspect solenoid (1) for cracks or varnish buildup.
(3) Perform solenoid (1) resistance check; resistance
should read between 2.0-5.0 ohm on a 10 ohm scale.
(4) Inspect C2 latch valve (2) for nicks, scratches, varnish
buildup, and free movement in the bore.