7-18. TRANSMISSION ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (UNUSUAL CONDITIONS) (CONT)
Perform steps (3) and (4) if pressure plate
assembly was removed from transmission
serial numbers prior to 6510032369.
(3) Position pressure plate assembly (4) on transmission
(2) with 20 bolts (5).
(4) Tighten 20 bolts (5) to 18-22 lb-ft (24-30 N·m).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing
compounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area. If
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
gets on skin or clothing, wash immediately
with soap and water. Failure to comply
may result in injury to personnel.
(5) Apply light coat of sealing compound to seating
surface (6) on transmission (2).
(6) Install gasket (7) on transmission (2).
(7) Remove five bolts (8) from adapter housing module
Transmission lifting bracket is installed with
lift top-dead center facing forward.
(8) Position transmission lifting bracket on adapter housing
module (9) with five bolts (8).
(9) Tighten five bolts (8) to 42-50 lb-ft (57-68 N·m).