8-3. TRANSFER CASE MODULE SEAL AND DRIVE YOKE REPLACEMENT (CONT)
(6) Remove drive shaft (7) from frame (8).
Do not use steel hammers to seat bearing
cups in drive yokes. Failure to comply
may result in injury to personnel or
damage to equipment.
Check bearing cups to ensure all needle
bearings are in place prior to installation.
Replace bearing cups if needle bearings are
missing or out of place. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Wipe end of yoke bearing bores prior to
(7) Position universal joint (9) on drive yoke (3) with two
bearing cups (10) and four screws (11).
When correct torque is reached, bearing cap
screw small hex head will break off.
(8) Tighten four screws (11).
c. Follow-On Maintenance.
(1) Check transfer case oil level (TM 9-2320-365-20).
(1.1) Lubricate drive shaft universal joint and slip yoke (TM 9-
(2) Operate vehicle and check for proper operation of drive
train (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(3) Check seal for oil leaks.
End of Task.