Ensure needle bearings are aligned prior to
installation of bearing cups on universal joint
end caps. Failure to comply may result in
damage to equipment.
Step (7) requires the aid of an assistant.
(7) Remove propeller shaft (7) from frame (8).
(8) Position universal joint (9) on drive yoke (4) with two
bearing cups (10) and four screws (11).
When correct torque is reached, bearing cap
screw small hex head will break off.
(9) Tighten four screws (11).
c. Follow-On Maintenance.
(1) Check differential oil level (TM 9-2320-365-20).
(1.1) Lubricate drive shaft universal joint and slip yoke (TM 9-
(2) Operate vehicle and check for proper operation (TM 9-
(3) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(4) Check pinion seal for oil leaks.
End of Task.