Use care not to pinch left side air hoses
when positioning trestles. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
(4) Place front of vehicle on two trestles so front wheels are
Perform step (5) on LH side of vehicle.
(5) Turn steering wheel fully to right.
(6) Raise cab (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(7) Place floor jack under front axle (6) and raise jack
enough to take front axle weight off leaf spring (7).
(8) Remove four self-locking nuts (8) and washers (9) from
two U-bolts (10). Discard self-locking nuts.
(9) Remove two U-bolts (10) from leaf spring (7). Discard
(10) Remove plate (11) from leaf spring (7).
(11) Lower front axle (6) until there is a gap between front
axle and leaf spring (7).
Perform steps (12) through (15) on RH side
(12) Loosen two nuts (12) on exhaust pipe clamps (13).
(13) Remove exhaust pipe (14) from muffler (15) and engine
exhaust extension (16).