14-4. REAR LEAF SPRING REPLACEMENT
This task covers:
c. Follow-On Maintenance
Engine shut down (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Rear wheel removed (from side being replaced) (TM 9-
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, Genl Mech (Item 68, Appendix B)
Wrench, Torque, 0-175 lb-ft (Item 80, Appendix B)
Wrench, Torque, 0-600 lb-ft (Item 85, Appendix B)
Jack, Dolly Type, Hydraulic (Item 31, Appendix B)
Wrench Set, Socket (Item 74, Appendix B)
Tools and Special Tools (Cont)
Trestles, Motor Vehicle Maintenance (2)
71, Appendix B)
Goggles, Industrial (Item 25, Appendix B)
Nut, Self-locking (4) (Item 124, Appendix F)
Nut, Self-locking (2) (Item 138, Appendix F)
U-bolt (2) (Item 15.1, Appendix F)
Wear appropriate eye protection when
working under vehicle due to the
possibility of falling debris.
comply may result in injury to personnel.
Left and right side rear leaf springs are
removed the same way.
Right side leaf
(1) Place trestles under rear of vehicle.
(2) Raise floor jack enough to take rear axle (1) weight off
leaf spring (2).
(3) Remove four self-locking nuts (3), washers (4), and two
U-bolts (5) from leaf spring (2). Discard self-locking nuts
(4) Remove plate (6) from leaf spring (2).
(5) Lower rear axle (1) until there is a gap between rear axle
and leaf spring (2).