16-6. POWER TAKEOFF (PTO) REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Use care when installing retaining rings.
Retaining rings are under tension and can
act as projectiles when released. Failure to
comply may result in injury to personnel.
(22) Install needle bearing (25) in outer clutch gear (26).
(23) Install outer clutch gear (26) on output shaft (23).
(24) Install washer (27) and retaining ring (28) on output shaft
Alternately stack friction plates and clutch
Failure to comply may result in
damage to equipment.
Apply lubricating oil to friction plates and
clutch plates during assembly.
(25) Install eight friction plates (29) and seven clutch plates
(30) in outer clutch gear (26).
(26) Install two preformed packings (31) on output shaft (23).
(27) Install spring (32) on output shaft (23).