(3) Remove cotter pin (5) from nut (6). Discard cotter pin.
(4) Remove nut (6) and washer (7) from pintle hook (8).
Pintle hook weighs approximately 65 lbs
(30 kgs). Attach a suitable lifting device
prior to removal. Failure to comply may
result in injury to personnel or damage to
Steps (5) through (9) require the aid of an
(5) Remove pintle hook (8) from rear crossmember (9).
(6) Remove four self-locking nuts (10), bolts (11), and
support (12) from rear crossmember (9). Discard self-
When removing bolts, continuous removal of
collars is mandatory. Failure to comply will
result in seizing of collar to bolt.
Left and right side bolts and collars are
removed the same way. Right side shown.
(7) Remove two collars (13) and bolts (14) from RH frame
rail (15). Discard collars and bolts.
(8) Perform step (7) on left side bolts and collars.