20-3. CYLINDER HEAD REPAIR (CONT)
The centerline of the injector sleeve bore in
the cylinder head must be parallel to the
centerline of the arbor press ram.
(11) Position cylinder head (2) on arbor press so driver (6) is
centered under arbor press arm.
(12) Press swage assembly (4) in injector sleeve (3) until the
bottom of driver (6) contacts top of guide.
(13) Remove driver (6) from swage assembly (4).
(14) Install reaction sleeve (7) and plate (8) over threaded
stem of swage assembly (4).
Adhesives, solvents, and sealing compounds
can burn easily, can give off harmful vapors,
and are harmful to skin and clothing. Keep
away from open fire and use in a well
If adhesive, solvent, or
sealing compound gets on skin or clothing,
wash immediately with soap and water.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
(15) Apply sealing compound to threaded stem of swage
(16) Install thrust bearing (9) on plate (8).
(17) Install washer (10) on thrust bearing (9).
(18) Install nut (11) on threaded stem of swage assembly (4).
(19) Pull swage assembly (4) from cylinder head (2), using