(1) Remove gasket material and sealant from cylinder block
High pressure steam may blow particles
into eyes, may cause severe burns, and
creates hazardous noise levels. Eye, skin,
and hearing protection is required.
Failure to comply may result in injury to
(2) Steam clean cylinder block (1).
Compressed air for cleaning purposes will
not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only
with effective chip guarding and personal
protective equipment (goggles, shield,
gloves, etc.). Failure to comply may result
in injury to personnel.
(3) Dry cylinder block (1) thoroughly with compressed air.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection
or size measurement requirements.
(4) Inspect cylinder block (1) for cracks, evidence of
overheating, and other damage.
(5) Inspect two sleeves (2) for damage and corrosion.
(6) Inspect four alignment dowels (3) for damage and
If any cylinder bore exceeds maximum
allowable diameter, replace cylinder block.
(7) Measure cylinder bore (4) of each cylinder. Maximum
cylinder bore diameter is 4.1358 in. (10.504 cm).