20-6. PISTON AND CONNECTING ROD ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT/REPAIR (CONT)
Replace any part that fails visual inspection
or size measurement requirements.
(3) Inspect six piston crowns (1) for cracks, wear, and
(4) Inspect six piston skirts (2) for cracks, wear, and
(5) Inspect six connecting rods (3) for cracks, wear and
(6) Measure inside diameter of six piston pin bearings (6).
Minimum inside diameter is 1.5756 in. (4.002 cm).
(7) Inspect six rod caps (5) for cracks, wear and corrosion.
(8) Inspect six No. 1 piston rings (7), No. 2 piston rings (8),
and oil control rings (9) for cracks and corrosion.
(9) Inspect six piston pins (4) for damage, wear, and
(10) Measure diameter of six piston pins (4).
diameter is 1.5746 in. (3.999 cm).
If any cylinder bore exceeds maximum
allowable diameter, replace cylinder block.
(11) Measure inside diameter of six cylinder bores (10).
Maximum allowable bore diameter is 4.1358 in. (10.505