2-32. M1079 VAN AC POWER CONNECTING/DISCONNECTING
Ground rod must be driven into ground 18-24 in. (46-61 cm) and ground
cable connected to the chassis before power can be taken from outside
source or equipment operated inside van. Failure to comply may result
in serious injury or death to personnel or damage to equipment.
Ensure that ground cable terminal makes good metal-to-metal contact
with bare metal on van body. If required, scrape contact area clean of
dirt, paint, or rust. Failure to comply may result in serious injury or
death to personnel or damage to equipment.
(3) Drive ground rod (1) into ground.
(4) Remove nut (4) from ground receptacle (5).
(5) Install ground cable (2) on ground receptacle (5) with nut (4).
(6) Position ground cable (2) on ground rod (1).
(7) Tighten nut (6) on ground cable (2).