2-43. OPERATION IN EXTREME HEAT (CONT)
Never operate engine for more than 30 seconds at full throttle while vehicle
is not moving. Transmission oil temperature will become too hot. Failure to
comply may result in damage to equipment.
c. If the TRANS OIL TEMP indicator (5) illuminates and WATER TEMP gage (6) reads
near 230 F (110 C), transmission oil is overheating:
(1) Stop vehicle.
(2) Press the N (Neutral) select button (1) on WTEC II TEPSS (2) or WTEC III TPSS (2).
(3) Allow engine to operate at approximately 750 rpm for three minutes.
(4) Continue normal vehicle operation when TRANS OIL TEMP indicator (5) goes out.
(5) Shut down engine (para 2-21f) and notify Unit Maintenance if TRANS OIL TEMP
indicator (5) does not go out.
d. Check cooling system often for the following conditions:
(1) Low coolant level in radiator overflow tank (para 2-15, item 3).