Do not straddle or drive on sides of sand mounds. Loose sand will not
support vehicle on steep slopes.
Avoid driving diagonally across a hill. Vehicle may roll over. Failure to comply
may result in serious injury or death to personnel or damage to equipment.
g. Steer vehicle straight up and down hills when possible. When driving across a hill is
necessary, choose the lowest angle possible, keep vehicle moving, and avoid quick,
h. To move vehicle forward and turn after vehicle is stopped in loose sand or mud:
(1) Press MODE (2) on WTEC II TEPSS (3) or WTEC III TPSS (3).
(2) Press R (Reverse) select button (6) on WTEC II TEPSS (3) or WTEC III TPSS (3).
(3) Move vehicle straight back approximately 20 ft (6 m).
(4) Stop vehicle.
(5) Press D (Drive) select button (7) on WTEC II TEPSS (3) or WTEC III TPSS (3).
(6) Press higher gear select button (8) on WTEC II TEPSS (3) or WTEC III TPSS (3).
(7) Move vehicle forward.
(8) Gradually turn vehicle as speed is obtained and vehicle is moving forward smoothly.