2-1. INSTRUMENT PANEL CONTROLS AND INDICATORS (CONT)
Figure 2-1. Instrument Panel Controls and Indicators (Cont)
17. WATER TEMP Gage. Shows engine coolant temperature in degrees Fahrenheit.
Normal temperature range is 165-230 F (74 C - 110 C).
18. Audible Alarm. A steady tone sounds when air pressure is below 65 psi (448
kPa). A wavering (dual tone) sounds when troop transport alarm switch is activated
(on vehicles with troopseat kits). A steady tone sounds when M1079 Van body door
19. REAR BRAKE AIR Pressure Gage.
Shows air pressure (in psi) available to
operate rear brakes. Normal air pressure range is 65-120 psi (448 -827 kPa).
20. FUEL Gage. Shows fuel level in fuel tank.
21. WTEC II Transmission ECU Pushbutton Shift Selector (TEPSS). Used to select
forward or reverse range, to set highest gear range, to switch from highway to off-
road mode, and to monitor transmission operation. Figure 2-4 shows all controls
and indicators on the WTEC II TEPSS. Figure 2-5 shows all controls and indicators
on the WTEC III Transmission Pushbutton Shift Selector (TPSS).