(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled
item line entry.
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are
shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for
each special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments supported
exceeds spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a given
figure in both Section II and Section III.
f. QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the
breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an
assembly. A "V" appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the
quantity may vary from application to application.
4. Explanation of Columns (Section IV).
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN by National item identification number
(NIIN) sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN (i.e., 5305-01-674-1467). When
using this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the complete NSN should be
used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The
figures are in numerical order in Section II and Section III.
(3) ITEM column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent
FIG. column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (i.e.,
vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of each group in order
A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).
(1) CAGEC column. The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit alphanumeric
code used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of