Change 1 2-958.1
Wear appropriate eye protection when working
under vehicle due to the possibility of falling
debris. Failure to comply may result in injury
Loose or dirty connectors may cause
intermittent loss of power to transmission
ECU and diagnostic codes to be logged.
Ensure that all connectors are clean and tight
before performing troubleshooting. Failure to
comply may result in incorrect test results.
(1) Remove control valve module (para 7-10).
(2) Remove transmission internal wiring
harness (para 7-13).
(3) Inspect solenoid preformed packings for
damage (para 7-7, 7-8, and 7-12).
(4) Inspect valves for freedom of movement,
or if stuck or sticking (para 7-7, 7-8, and
(5) If damaged preformed packings and/or stuck
or sticking valves are found, repair control
valve module (para 7-11).
(6) If no damage is found, replace C solenoid
(para 7-7) and continue with step 2.
(7) Install transmission internal wiring harness
(8) Install control valve module (para 7-10).