(8) Remove two jam nuts (10) from valve adjustment screws
Valve adjustment screws are removed
through bottom of rocker arm.
(9) Remove valve adjustment screws (11) from rocker arms
(3 and 5).
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves; use only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do
not breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the
flashpoint for Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100 ° F (38 ° C) and for Type II is 130 ° F (50
° C). Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If dry cleaning solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If dry
cleaning solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical
(1) Clean all parts with dry cleaning solvent.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection.
(2) Inspect two rocker arms (1) for cracks or signs of wear.
(3) Inspect unit arm (2) for cracks or signs of wear.
(4) Inspect injector adjustment screw (3) and two valve
adjustment screws (4) for damaged threads.
(5) Inspect arm button (5) for signs of wear.
(6) Inspect retaining ring (6) for signs of wear.