9-3. FRONT AXLE SHAFT AND SEALS REPLACEMENT (CONT)
Brake shoes may be covered with dust.
Breathing this dust may be harmful to your
health. Do not used compressed air to clean
brake shoes. Wear a filter mask approved
for use against brake dust.
comply may result in injury to personnel.
Step (2) requires the aid of an assistant.
(2) Remove 10 screws (3), washers (4), and brake assembly
(5) from steering knuckle (6).
(3) Remove spindle assembly (7) from steering knuckle (6).
(4) Remove bushing (8), thrust washer (9), and seal (10)
from spindle assembly (7). Discard seal.
(5) Remove front axle shaft (11) from front axle housing
(6) Remove inner seal (13), thrust washer (14), and bushing
(15) from front axle housing (12). Discard inner seal.