Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves; use only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do
not breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the
flashpoint for Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100 ° F (38 ° C) and for Type II is 130 ° F (50
° C). Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts
eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention. Failure to
comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only with
effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield, gloves, etc).
Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent and dry
using compressed air prior to inspection.
Replace any parts that fails visual inspection.
(2) Inspect two bushings (1) and thrust washers (2) for
cracks, pitting, and corrosion.
(1) Install bushing (1) and thrust washer (2) in front axle
(2) Apply a small amount of grease to outside edges of
inner seal (4).
(3) Install inner seal (4) on front axle housing (3).
(4) Install front axle shaft (5) in front axle housing (3).