12-3. STEERING GEAR ASSEMBLY ADJUSTMENT (CONT)
Step (24) is required if wheels do not point straight ahead.
(24) Perform drag link adjustment (TM 9-2320-365-20-3).
(25) Start engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
Steps (26) through (49) require the aid of assistant.
(26) Turn steering wheel to left until stops are reached and hold for ten seconds. Check pressure reading on STE/ICE-
R. Pressure reading should be between 500-1000 psi (3448-6895 kPa).
(27) Turn wheels straight ahead.
If pressure reading is not within range, turn
adjustment screw right to decrease pressure
or left to increase pressure.
(28) Loosen locknut (17) on top adjustment screw (18).
(29) Adjust top adjustment screw (18) to right or left.
(30) Turn steering wheel to left until stops are reached and
verify pressure is 650-750 psi (4482-5171 kPa).
(31) Turn wheels straight ahead.
Ensure adjustment screw does not turn when
tightening locknut. Failure to comply may
result in damage to equipment.
Repeat steps (29) through (31) until pressure
reading of 650-750 psi (4482-5171 kPa) is
(32) Tighten locknut (17) on top adjustment screw (18) to 22
lb-ft (30 N·m).