(5) Remove two safety pins (4) from compression cylinder (5).
(6) Perform steps (3) through (5) on left side of vehicle.
(7) Turn SUSPENSION knob (6) to the RAISE position.
(8) Turn FUNCTION SELECT knob (7) to the TRUCK SUSPENSION position.
Use back-up hydraulic pump (para 2-41) if pressing PUMP knob does not
accomplish step (9).
(9) Press and hold PUMP knob (8) until suspension compression plate (3) can be
installed on axle stud (9).
Both suspension compression plates must be installed on axle studs.
Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
Left and right side suspension compression plates are installed on axle
studs the same way. Right side shown.
(10) Install suspension compression plate (3) on axle stud (9).
(11) Install pin (1) in axle stud (9).
(12) Perform steps (10) and (11) on left side of vehicle.