(23) Remove thrust bearing (29) from clutch hub (30).
(24) Remove C2 piston (24) from clutch hub (30).
(25) Remove C1 piston (31) from C2 piston (24).
(26) Remove sealring (32) from C1 piston (31). Discard
(27) Remove sealring (33) from C2 piston (24). Discard
(28) Remove two sealrings (34) from gear (30). Discard
(29) Remove bushing (35) from gear (30).
Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves; use only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do
not breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the
flashpoint for Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F (50°C).
Failure to comply may result in injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If dry cleaning solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If dry
cleaning solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical
attention. Failure to comply may result in injury to personnel.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection
or size measurement requirements.
(2) Inspect spur gear (1) for broken teeth, pitting, and weld
(3) Inspect bushing (2) for scoring and burrs.
(4) Measure inside diameter of bushing (2), maximum inside
diameter 2.801 in. (71.14 mm).