Dry Cleaning Solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves; use only in well ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and
do not breathe vapors. Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent;
the flashpoint for Type I Dry Cleaning Solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for Type II is 130°F
(50°C). Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and
medical help. If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts
eyes, immediately flush eyes with water and get immediate medical attention. Failure to
comply may result in serious injury or death to personnel.
(1) Clean sealant residue from threaded holes with dry cleaning solvent.
Clean machined parts separately to avoid
damage from parts bumping together.
Failure to comply may result in damage to
(2) Clean all metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.
Compressed air for cleaning purposes will
not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only
with effective chip guarding and personal
gloves, etc.). Failure to comply may result
in injury to personnel or damage to
(3) Dry all metal parts except bearing cones (1) with
compressed air. Allow bearing cones to air dry.
Replace any part that fails visual inspection.
(4) Inspect input yoke (2) for visible cracks, wear, or
(5) Inspect four bearing cones (1) and bearing cups (3) for
visible cracks, wear, or damage.
(6) Inspect bearing cage (4) for visible cracks, wear, or