Pinion drive and ring gear are machined in
matched sets and must be replaced at the
same time. Failure to comply may result in
damage to equipment.
(16) Inspect pinion drive (15) for visible cracks, wear, or
(17) Inspect ring gear (16) for visible cracks, wear, or
(18) Inspect differential case (17) for visible cracks, wear, or
(19) Inspect hub body (18) for visible cracks, wear, or
compounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well-ventilated area. If
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
immediately with soap and water. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(1) Apply four or five drops of adhesive sealant in 16
threaded holes on hub body (1).
(2) Apply sealing compound to mounting surface of hub
(3) Position ring gear (2) on hub body (1) with 16 washers
(3) and screws (4).
(4) Tighten 16 screws (4) to 85-115 lb-ft (115-156 N·m).
(5) Install bearing cone (5) on hub body (1).