3-14. VALVE CLEARANCE ADJUSTMENT (CONT)
(3) Refer to Table 3-1 Crankshaft Positions for Valve
Clearance Setting and check clearance on appropriate
(4) Tap each intake rocker arm (4) and each exhaust rocker
arm (5) with a soft face hammer.
Valve clearance is measured between intake
rocker arms or exhaust rocker arms and their
measurements and adjustments are made
with the valves FULLY CLOSED.
(5) Check clearance between valves (6 or 7) and intake
rocker arms (4) or exhaust rocker arms (5).
(6) Remove three bolts (8) and washers (9) from fuel/water
separator bracket (10).
(7) Remove bolt (11), washer (12), and fuel/water separator
bracket (10) from inlet manifold (13).
Steps (8) through (12) require the aid of an
(8) Loosen jam nut (14) for pushrod adjustment screw (15).
(9) If there is not enough clearance for a feeler gauge
between intake rocker arms (4) or exhaust rocker arms
(5) and their respective valves (6 or 7), turn adjustment
screw (15) left to increase valve clearance.