Do not overtighten locking nuts. Failure to
comply may result in damage to threads.
(26) Tighten locking nut (15) while holding fuel setting screw
(27) Check adjustment by repeating steps (14) through (16).
(28) If indicator does not indicate +0.01 to +0.05 mm, repeat
steps (21) through (26).
(29) Remove dial indicator group from cylinder head (3).
(30) Install bolt (7) where dial indicator group was installed.
When synchronizing more than one fuel
injector, apply consistent pressure on rack
assembly from one fuel injector to the next to
ensure accurate dial indicator readings.
(31) Perform steps (1) through (30) on all injectors being
Perform step (32) if fuel setting is known to
(32) Perform fuel setting check (para 4-4).