7-4. TRANSMISSION ASSEMBLY REPLACEMENT (USUAL CONDITIONS) (CONT)
Due to position of main housing module
connector, extreme care must be taken
when installing pigtail adapter connector.
Failure to comply may result in damage to
Transmissions with serial numbers lower than
6510032369 require the use of a transmission
adapter harness (part number 29519210) to
adapt to the transmission external wiring
harness. Transmissions with serial numbers
higher than 6510032369 do not require the
use of a transmission adapter harness.
Install plastic cable ties as required.
(64) Position transmission adapter harness (75) in main
housing module receptacle (76) with connector bolt
(65) Tighten connector bolt (77) to 12-24 lb-in. (1-3 N·m).
Perform steps (66) through (68) on
transmission serial number 6510032369
(66) Remove nut (78) and washer (79) from transmission
adapter harness (80).
(67) Install transmission adapter harness (80) in bracket
(44) with washer (79) and nut (78).
(68) Connect transmission external wiring harness
connector (81) to transmission adapter harness (80).