9-5. FRONT AXLE DIFFERENTIAL PINION SEAL, YOKE SEAL AND DRIVE YOKE
Step (3) requires the aid of an assistant.
(3) Attach drive shaft (4) to leaf spring (6).
(4) Remove drive yoke nut (7) from pinion shaft (8). Discard
drive yoke nut.
(5) Remove drive yoke (3) from pinion shaft (8).
Vehicles serial number 0001 through 3133,
were not originally equipped with yoke seals.
maintenance has not been previously
performed on drive yoke.
(6) Remove yoke seal (9) from drive yoke (3). Discard yoke
(7) Remove pinion seal (10) from front differential carrier
(11). Discard pinion seal.