9-5. FRONT AXLE DIFFERENTIAL PINION SEAL, YOKE SEAL AND DRIVE YOKE
Do not use steel hammers to seat bearing
cups in drive yokes. Failure to comply
may result in injury to personnel or
damage to equipment.
Check bearing cups to ensure all needle
bearings are in place prior to installation.
Replace bearing cups if needle bearings are
missing or out of place. Failure to comply
may result in damage to equipment.
Wipe end of yoke bearing bores prior to
(8) Position universal joint (9) on drive yoke (4) with two
bearing cups (10) and four screws (11).
Alternately tighten screws.
When correct torque is reached, bearing cap
small screw hex head will break off.
(9) Tighten four screws (11).
c. Follow-On Maintenance.
(1) Check differential oil level (TM 9-2320-365-20).
(1.1) Lubricate drive shaft universal joint and slip yoke (TM 9-
(2) Operate vehicle and check differential for proper
operation (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(3) Shut down engine (TM 9-2320-365-10).
(4) Check pinion seal for oil leaks.
End of Task.