(2) Dry metal parts with compressed air.
(3) Inspect outer brake housing (1) for nicks or deep
(4) Measure thickness of ten friction disc plates (2).
Minimum thickness is 0.080 in. (.203 cm).
(5) Inspect 10 friction disc plates (2) for wear marks, pitting,
warping, and corrosion.
(6) Measure thickness of nine brake drive plates (3).
Minimum thickness is 0.055 in. (0.14 cm).
(7) Inspect nine brake drive plates (3) for wear marks,
pitting, warping, and corrosion.
(8) Inspect gear teeth on brake shaft (4) wear pitting or
(9) Inspect rotary seal surface on motor end support (5) for
scratches and pits.
(10) Check that spring loaded poppet on relief vent (6)