(4) Remove self-locking nut (7) and washer (8) from shaft
(9). Discard self-locking nut.
(5) Remove drive yoke (3) from shaft (9).
(6) Remove seal (10) from housing (11). Discard seal.
(1) Apply a small amount of grease to outside edge and
spring cavity of seal (1).
(2) Install seal (1) in housing (2).
(3) Visually verify seal (1) is properly seated.
compounds can burn easily, can give off
harmful vapors, and are harmful to skin
and clothing. Keep away from open fire
and use in a well ventilated area.
adhesive, solvent, or sealing compound
immediately with soap and water. Failure
to comply may result in injury to
(3.1) Apply sealant to both sides of washer (5).
(4) Position drive yoke (3) on shaft (4) with washer (5) and
self-locking nut (6).
(5) Tighten self-locking nut (6) to 450-600 lb-ft (610-815